Apprenticeship Tax Credit
The 2017 Montana Legislature passed the apprenticeship tax credit to provide businesses the opportunity to launch new apprenticeships or expand their current programs through the Montana Registered Apprenticeship program at the Montana Department of Labor & Industry.
- $750 tax credit for each new apprentice;
- $1,500 tax credit for each new apprentice that is a veteran;
- Tax credit takes effect for 2018 tax year;
- Tax credit takes effect once apprentice has completed probationary period or after 6 months, whichever is earlier;
- Tax credit can be claimed for up to five tax years for each new qualified apprentice;
- Program guidelines will be available by January 1, 2018.
For More Information:
Visit our websites: apprenticeship.mt.gov and healthcaremt.org.
Contact the Montana Department of Labor and Industry Registered Apprenticeship Program:
Valerie Piet - firstname.lastname@example.org - 406.490.8788
Madeline Boehm - email@example.com - 406.431.8708
Brittney Keller - firstname.lastname@example.org - 406.686.2939
Bo Bruinsma - email@example.com - 605.751.9037