WHAT IS HEALTHCARE APPRENTICESHIP?
Apprenticeship is a time-tested, “earn while you learn” strategy with a combination of on-the-job training, related instruction online or in a classroom, mentorship, and incremental wage increases. Successful students earn a nationally recognized credential. Employers work with the Registered Apprenticeship Program to identify competencies, timelines, and related coursework.
BENEFITS OF APPRENTICESHIP
The MT Department of Labor & Industry released the 2016 Apprenticeship Report. To view, please click the button below:
- Build a Pipeline of Skilled Workers
- Gain Workers with Customized Skills
- Cost Effective Training Methods
- Boost Retention and Positive Return on Investment
- Train Employees in Their Home Communities
SAMPLE OF APPRENTICEABLE OCCUPATIONS
Click each occupation or specialty training option for more information!
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
- Specialty training for CNAs:
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medication Aide II
- Computed Tomography Technologist
New apprenticeship models are currently in development. If you believe that your facility would benefit from pursuing an apprenticeship, please contact:
Statewide Apprenticeship Supervisor
Western Montana Apprenticeship Coordinator
Central Montana Apprenticeship Coordinator
Eastern Montana Apprenticeship Coordinator